It's only fair that New Zealanders have a say about who holds our highest constitutional office and how they are chosen. Replacing the monarchy and moving to a Kiwi head of State is not complicated:
- Our new head of State will be politically neutral have the same functions and powers as our Governor-General has now.
- We will remain a member of the Commonwealth.
- The Treaty of Waitangi will not be affected.
- We will keep our flag, anthem and other symbols of nationhood, until we decide otherwise.
- We can review the change and fine tune the head of states powers if we need to.